Monday, August 30, 2010

Powers of Ten: The Change

Zooming in and out of the human body inspired me to look towards creation from a contextual method. Experimenting with the number ten originally made me think of how things have changed in my life from the time I was ten until I turned twenty. My life has become more complex with the use of Blackberrys, Computers, etc. Through these devices my life has become less personal. The simplest things in life such as a calling a friend and inquiring about what they are doing has subsidized itself to a minor text message that reads “wrud” meaning “What are you doing?” By investing everything that we have as humans in to technological devices we are not only subsidizing ourselves but the way of the world and the future generations to come.

With all of this in mind it got me thinking about how the today’s productions of mankind will affect our tomorrow. With the use of technology increasing everyday life simplest task are being taken for granted and the responsibility is being placed on a piece of emotionless technology.

We as humans are part of such a larger picture that it’s interesting to see how humans attempt to configure the data programmed into computers to captured to essence of the human life form. For example the voice recognition software that some companies use in their customer service departments to answer phone calls will ask questions and respond accordingly, thus making one’s customer experience less socially interactive. With this decrease in social interaction where will this leave us?

No comments: